Dr. Harshavardhan Thippareddi
Extension Food Safety Specialist
B.S. Dairy Science & Technology, AP Agricultural University, India
M.S. Food Science (Food Microbiology/Safety), Kansas State University
Ph.D. Food Science (Food Microbiology/Safety), Kansas State University
236 Food Industry Complex
Lincoln, NE 68583-0919
Teaching and/or Extension Acitivities:
EXTENSION: Food Safety; Regulatory Issues in Food Processing;
TEACHING: Quality Assurance of Foods - HACCP/Food Safety Segment
1. Development and validation of intervention technologies for the food industry to control foodborne pathogens; 2. Nonthermal Food Processing and safety; 3. Development and evaluation of rapid detection and identification methods for foodborne pathogens; 4. Predictive microbiology; and 5. Development and evaluation of food safety systems
Six Selected Publications:
- Li L., C. V. Martinez, M. Redondo, V. K. Juneja, D. E. Burson and H. Thippareddi. 2012. Inhibition of Clostridium perfringens Spore Germination and Outgrowth by Lemon Juice and Vinegar Product in Reduced NaCl Roast Beef. J. Food Sci. 77:M598-M603.
- Williams, S.K., S. Roof, E. A. Boyle, D. E. Burson, H. Thippareddi, I. Geornaras, J. N. Sofos, M. Wiedmann, and K. Nightingale. 2011. Molecular ecology of Listeria monocytogenes and other Listeria species in small and very small ready-to-eat meat processing plants. J. Food Prot. 74:63-77.
- Juneja, V.K., H. Marks, L. Huang, and H. Thippareddi. 2011. Predictive model for growth of Clostridium perfringens during cooling of cooked uncured meat and poultry. Food Microbiol. 28:791-795.
- Singh, A., N. R. Korasapati, V. K. Juneja, J. Subbiah, G. Froning, and H. Thippareddi. 2011. Dynamic predictive model for the growth of Salmonella spp. in liquid whole egg. J Food Sci. 76:M225-232.
- Velugoti, P.R., L.K.Bohra, V.K.Juneja, L.Huang, A.L.Wesseling, J. Subbiah, and H. Thippareddi. 2010. Dynamic model for predicting growth of Salmonella spp. in ground sterile pork. Food Microbiol. 28:796-803.
- Chang, S., Redondo-Solano, M., and Thippareddi, H. 2010. Inactivation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella spp. on alfalfa seeds by caprylic acid and monocaprylin. International Journal of Food Microbiology. 144(1):141-146