Extension Food Safety Specialist
B.S. Dairy Science & Technology, AP Agricultural University, India
M.S. Food Science (Food Microbiology/Safety), Kansas State University
Ph.D. Food Science (Food Microbiology/Safety), Kansas State University
236 Food Industry Complex
Lincoln, NE 68583-0919
Teaching and/or Extension Acitivities:
EXTENSION: Food Safety; Regulatory Issues in Food Processing;
TEACHING: Quality Assurance of Foods - HACCP/Food Safety Segment
1. Development and validation of intervention technologies for the food industry to control foodborne pathogens; 2. Nonthermal Food Processing and safety; 3. Development and evaluation of rapid detection and identification methods for foodborne pathogens; 4. Predictive microbiology; and 5. Development and evaluation of food safety systems
Five Selected Publications:
- Juneja, V., S. Mukhopadhyay, D. Ukuku, C. Hwang, V. Wu, and H. Thippareddi. 2014. Interactive effects of temperature, pH, and water activity on the growth kinetics of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O104: H4. J. Food Prot. 77:706-712.
- Luchansky, J. B., A. C. S. Porto-Fett, B. A. Shoyer, H. Thippareddi, J. R. Amaya, and M. Lemler. 2014. Thermal inactivation of Escherichia coli O157: H7 and non-O157 Shiga toxin–producing Escherichia coli cells in mechanically tenderized veal. J. Food Prot. 77: 1201-1206.
- Michael, M., R. K. Phebus, H. Thippareddi, J. Subbiah, S. L. Birla, and K. A. Schmidt. 2014. Validation of radio-frequency dielectric heating system for destruction of Cronobacter sakazakii and Salmonella species in nonfat dry milk. J. Dairy Sci. In Press.
- Cepeda, J. F., Weller, C. L., Negahban, M., Subbiah, J., and Thippareddi, H. 2013. Heat and Mass Transfer Modeling for Microbial Food Safety Applications in the Meat Industry: A Review. Food Engg. Rev. 5:57-76.
- Redondo-Solano, M., Valenzuela-Martinez, C., Cassada, D. A., Snow, D., Juneja, V. K., Burson, D., Thippareddi, H. 2013. Effect of meat ingredients (Sodium nitrite and erythorbate) and Processing (vacuum storage and packaging atmosphere) on germination and outgrowth of Clostridium perfringens spores in ham during abusive cooling. Food Microbiol. 35:108-115.