- Metagenomics: Taxonomic and functional diversity of the gut microbiome.
- Development of computational methods to analyze metagenomic data.
- Functional genomics: amino-acid composition and biases in metagenomics environments
- Structural biology: computational modeling of protein-protein interactions
Five Selected Publications:
- Docking by structural similarity at protein-protein interfaces. Rohita Sinha, Petras J. Kundrotas, Ilya A. Vakser (Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics, 2010, V78(15), P- 3235-41)
- Protein docking by the interface structure similarity: How much structure is needed? Rohita Sinha, Petras J. Kundrotas, Ilya A. Vakser (PLOSone 7(2): e31349. doi:10.1371/ journal.pone.0031349)
- Alignment behavior of short peptides provide a roadmap for functional profiling of metagenomic data. Rohita Sinha, Jennifer Clarke, Andrew K. Benson (BMC Genomics. 2015; 16: 1080.)
- Microbial successions are associated with changes in chemical profiles of a model refrigerated fresh pork sausage during an 80-day shelf-life study." Andrew Benson, Jairus David, Stefanie Gilbreth, Gordon Smith, Joseph Nietfeldt, Ryan Legge, Jaehyoung Kim, Rohita Sinha, Christopher Duncan, Junjie Ma, and Indarpal Singh (Applied and Environmental Biology 2014 Sep;80(17):5178-94)
- Host genetics and diet, but not immunoglobulin A expression, converge to shape compositional features of the gut microbiome in an advanced intercross population of mice Larry J Leamy, Scott A Kelly, Joseph Nietfeldt, Ryan M Legge, Fangrui Ma, Kunjie Hua, Rohita Sinha, Daniel A Peterson, Jens Walter, Andrew K Benson and Daniel Pomp (Genome Biology 2014)
Research Assistant Professor
B.S. Pharmaceutical Science, CCS Univeristy, India
M.S. Bioinformatics, Indian Insititute of Information Techonology, India
Ph.D. Bioinformatics, Univeristy of Kansas, USA
257 Food Innovation Center
Lincoln, NE 68588-6205