Teaching and/or Extension Activities:
BSEN 446 – Unit Operations of Biological Processing
Research interests are in the broad area of food and bioprocess engineering focusing on value-added processing, storage and transportation of food and agricultural commodities, and developing novel methods, techniques, and procedures for evaluating and characterizing food products for quality control and safety assurance.
Five Selected Publications:
- Danao MC, Zandonadi RS, and Gates RS. 2015. Development of a grain monitoring probe to measure temperature, relative humidity, carbon dioxide levels and logistical information during handling and transportation of soybeans. Comput. Electron. Agr. 119:74-82. DOI: 10.1016/j.compag.2015.10.008.
- Williams DA, Danao MC, Rausch KD, Paulsen MR, and Singh V. 2015. Variability in composition of botanical fractions of Miscanthus x giganteus and their blends. Biofuels. DOI: 10.1080/17597269.2015.1050641.
- Li J, Danao MC, Chen SF, Li S, Singh V, and Brown PJ. 2015. Prediction of starch content and ethanol yields of sorghum grain using Fourier transform near infrared spectroscopy. J. Near Infrared Spec. 23(2): 85-92. DOI: 10.1255/jnirs.1146.
- Chen SF and Danao MC. 2015. Modeling the equilibrium moisture content (EMC) of miscanthus, miscane, energy cane, and energy sorghum. Fuel 147:18-26. DOI: 10.1016/j.fuel.2015.01.021.
- Plumier BM, Danao MC, Rausch KD, and Singh V. 2015. Changes in unreacted starch content in corn during storage. J. Stored Prod. Res. 61:85-89. DOI: 10.1016/j.jspr.2014.11.006.
Research Associate Professor
B.S. Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Florida
M.S. Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, University of Kentucky
Ph.D. Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, University of Kentucky
244 Food Innovation Center
Lincoln, NE 68588-6206
402 472 1595