Research and/or Extension Activities:
Areas of interest include applied research on the evaluation of ingredients, assessment of processes, and development of strategies to reduce/prevent contamination of final products with mycotoxins and bacterial pathogens; the development of quality control mechanisms; and HACCP assistance focusing on food, dairy and feed products. Extension activities include technical advice and training, as well as preparation of guidelines, protocols, standard operating procedures and related technical documents for improvement of safety and quality of food and pet food processes.
Five Selected Publications:
- Bianchini Huebner, A., Stratton, J., Weier, S., Hartter, T., Plattner, B., Rokey, G., Hertzel, G., Gompa,L., Martinez, B., Eskridge, K.M., (2014). Use of Enterococcus faecium as a Surrogate for Salmonella enterica During Extrusion of a Balanced Carbohydrate-Protein Meal.. Journal of Food Protection 77(1): 75-82.
- Bianchini Huebner, A., Stratton, J., Weier, S., Hartter, T., Plattner, B., Rokey, G., Hertzel, G., Gompa, L., Martinez, B., Eskridge, K. Validation of extrusion as a killing step for Enterococcus faecium in a balanced carbohydrate-protein meal using a response surface design. (2012). Journal of Food Protection, 75(9), 1646-1653.
- Brooks, J. C., Martinez, B., Stratton, J., Bianchini Huebner, A., Krokstrom, R., Hutkins, R. W. (2012). Survey of raw milk cheeses for microbiological quality and prevalence of foodborne pathogens. Food Microbiology, 31, 154-158.
- Bianchini A, Bullerman LB. 2010. Biological Control of Molds and Mycotoxins in Foods. In: M. Appell (Ed.). Mycotoxin Prevention and Control in Agriculture. American Chemical Society, New Orleans, LA.
- Bullerman LB, Bianchini A. 2009. Production of Microbiologically Safe Foods - Cereals and Cereal Products. In: Heredia N, Wesley I, Garcia S (Eds.), Production of Microbiologically Safe Foods. John Wiley and Sons, NY.
B.S. Food Engineering, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Brazil
M.S. Environmental and Agricultural Microbiology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Ph.D. Food Science & Technology,
University of Nebraska - Lincoln
248 Food Innovation Center
Lincoln, NE 68588-6205 U.S.A.
402 472 3114