Dr. Rolando Flores
Professor and Department Head
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Universidad de Costa Rica
M.S. Agricultural Engineering, Iowa State University
Ph.D. Grain Science, Kansas State University
143F Food Industry Complex
Lincoln, NE 68583-0919
Teaching and/or Extension Activities:
Advanced Grain Processing Technologies, Milling Processing Technology Management. Milling Technology II; Management Applications in Grain Processing Industries; Principles of Milling
Research oriented toward (1) optimization of water use in food processing and (2) the utilization, optimization and development of foods and new uses for
grains and other agricultural products and their by-products
• Meneses, Y. E., K. J. Canon, and R. A. Flores. 2014. Keys to Understanding and Addressing Consumer Perceptions and Concerns about Processed Foods. Cereals Foods World, 59(3): 141-146.
• Selani, M. M., S. G. C. Brazaca, C. T. dos Santos Dias, W. S. Ratnayake, R. A. Flores, and A. Bianchini. 2014. Characterisation and potential application of pineapple pomace in an extruded product for fibre enhancement. Food Chemistry, 163:23-30.
• Doblado-Maldonado, A. F., R. A. Flores, and D. J. Rose. 2013. Low moisture milling of wheat for quality testing of wholegrain flour. Journal of Cereal Grains, 58(3): 420-423.
• Kyureghian, G., R. Flores. 2012. Meta-Analysis of Studies on Vitamin C Contents of Fresh and Processed Fruits and Vegetables. Journal of Food Nutritional Disorders 1:2.
• Rose, D. J., A. Bianchini, B. Martinez, and R. A. Flores. 2012. Methods for reducing microbial contamination of wheat flour and effects on functionality. Cereals Foods World, 57(3): 104-109.
• Silva, L.C., D. M. Queiroz, R.A. Flores and E. C. Melo. 2012. A simulation toolset for modeling grain storage facilities, J. of Stored Products Research, 48:30-36.